Please be aware that due to recent weather conditions and forecasted overnight rain on Thursday the course may only allow carry bags only. This can be checked in the morning just please log on to the West Herts Golf Club website after 7.00am
West Watford Golfing Society Charity Day
Friday 6th December – Schedule of the Day
- Arrival – 8.30 Breakfast Rolls & Champagne and Coffee.
- Please find us at the Reception Desk in the Lounge to pay for your group (£260 per team) and collect your score cards.
- Please make sure you check which tee you will be starting from.
- Your donations of auctionprizes or smaller items for the raffle can be left on the table to the left of the Reception Desk Please let us know of any larger / more valuable items for the Auction so we can make sure we advertise them correctly.
- Raffle tickets will be on sale all day until dinner is served. Winning tickets will be attached to the relevant prizes and some star raffle prizes will be announced during the Auction
- We will have a donation and presentation for Watford Workshop – one of the many charities we have supported over recent years. They do fantastic work in the local community and have previously attended this day and given us a presentation of the service they provide and the people they support. We are really pleased they can again come and give us an update on how they have been over the last year or so and how your donations have made a difference to their work. we are really proud that we will be making another donation to them this year thanks to your generosity.
- 9.30 Shotgun Start from 1st, 5th, 10th& 14th
- Please leave the Clubhouse in plenty of time to arrive at your starting tee well beforeyour allotted start time
- 2 Ball Better-ball pairs competition with maximum handicap 22 playing off Yellow Tees
- Soup and Drinks at the 4th / BBQ & Bar at the 9th and Drinks and Savory Snacks at 13th are available for a £5 per head donation payable to our lovely lady helpers.
- Nearest the pin at the 9th hole for a £150 cash prize
- Beat the Pro at the 4th hole to win a prize.
- 30pm – 2 Course meal -Chicken and Ham Pie with creamy mash and roasted vegetables – Fruit crumble and custard.
- Name on a “tenner” draw wins £200 – Sharpies will be available!!
- David Rogers will be hosting the Grand Auction after dinner. He may seem like a nice chap but he is ruthless when it comes to helping us raise money! We have some great auction lots kindly donated by members and friends of the society.
We are limited to the number of teams we can get onto the course at this time of year and we always get over subscribed for the golf on the day so please do get your team confirmed early. When confirming your team where possible please include the names of the team members if you know them.
If you can not make the day but would like to be included for the meal and auction then please also let us know.
We look forward to seeing you, having a great time and digging deep for the good causes.
West Herts Golf Club 6th December 2019
The Charity Day is held at West Herts Golf Club on the first Friday of December, invites normally go out in mid/late October but if you are keen to get a team confirmed please let us know. This event is our main fundraiser for the year and is an extremely popular event. Many of our members are very generous with donations for the charity auction and raffle that follows the golf. If you would like to make any donations please let us know.
Thanks to your help over many years we have donated over £451,000 to a variety of good causes including:
- Troy Deeney Foundation
- Harefield Heart Foundation
- Keech Childrens Hospice
- Michael Sobel House
- St Francis Hospice Berkhampsted
- The On Course Foundation
- Watford MENCAP Childrens Centre
- Watford New Hope Trust
- Watford Peace Hospice
We hope you enjoy your day knowing that all the money raised is going towards excellent causes.
Our Captain Mark Thomas and the Society’s Committee thank you for your amazing generosity.
Follow us on Twitter